When I originally posted, I was really looking forward to this particular Top 5 Tuesday post because I feel like these apps could potentially be a game changer for some of you moms, and I do recommend using the tv wall stand so your kids are able to enjoy and not damage the TV. I have included my own screenshots to give you a better idea of how they look and function!
1) Baby Connect ($4.99). This is my #1 baby related app of all time! It tracks everything from nursing and diaper counts, to sleep patterns and pumping! I love that it can keep track of our doctors appointments and vitals, shows Cayden’s growth charts, and graphs everything in amazing detail! It’s so wonderful to see patterns in order for you to truly tune in with your baby and their individual needs. Also, when you’re sleep deprived and an air brain like myself and the pediatrician asks you “How many poppy and wet diapers has he been having? How often is he nursing? How many hours a day does he sleep?” instead of giving him a blank stare, you can whip out your phone and tell him precisely the answers to his questions! This app is worth the price tag! You can also buy it on multiple devices (i.e. spouse or caregiver’s phones) and the data will sync. My son is 21 months old now and I still track his sleep and medical information with this app!
2) Wonder Weeks ($1.99). This app is always talked about in my What to Expect community group and I’m SO glad I bought it! I kid you not, the developmental leap calendar was SPOT on for Cayden. It lets you know the developmental leaps that your child is going through, based on their due date, not birth date. Leaps are categorized by the “three C’s” – crying, cranky, and clingy. The personalized chart lets you know when a Sunny or Stormy period is to be expected and additionally what signs you may see and what abilities your baby will possess when the leap is complete. Worth the $1.99 for sure!
3) What to Expect (Free). I had this app during my pregnancy to learn about my baby’s development each week. Additionally, when you sign up, the app automatically places you in a community group based on your due date (i.e. July 2015 for me). I enjoyed reading the comments in my group during my pregnancy, but what I didn’t expect was to love the app even more as a new mom! It has been so nice connecting with other moms that have babies born in the same month as my little guy. Almost two years later and I don’t use the community feature on the app anymore, but I have stayed active in the Facebook group that spun off of it, and I wouldn’t have found these ladies without the WTE app! So many of their questions correlate with what I’m going through and it’s nice to read the posts to see how other moms are solving the same problems! Additionally, they have groups based on your geographic location. If they don’t have a group for your city, do what I did and create one! Trust me, other moms want a way to meet mommy friends, too 🙂
4) White Noise (Free). I saw it recommended somewhere to download this app for when you’re out with baby and need a noise maker. I didn’t use it for the first three months of Cayden’s life and finally when he was screaming in the car, I pulled over, remembered I had this downloaded, turned on the Thunder sound, and sat the phone in his lap. The light and the sound instantly had his attention and we were able to ride home in peace.
5) Netflix (Free app plus $7.99-$11.99 a month depending on plan). This is not particularly a “mom app,” but it was my best friend for the first two months of Cayden’s life. Breastfeeding my child for 30 minutes or so in the middle of the night, 3 times a night, got exhausting quick. At least if I was going to be awake, I was going to watch some TV! I watched all the Gossip Girl seasons (don’t judge), How to Get Away with Murder, and then Parenthood (go watch right this second if you haven’t seen it yet). When you’re caring for a baby all day and night, it’s nice to have some “me time” in the middle of the night!
Have you used any of these apps or have any additional favorites? Comment below and let us know!