*This post may contain affiliate links
For all my non-parent readers, enjoy my first Top 5 Tuesday not related to motherhood and baby products! 😉
1) Crockpot Slow Cooker. If you have not yet given in to buying a crockpot, I’m telling you that you need to do it. If you have one and never use it, bust it out, clean it off, and get cooking! Crockpot cooking is not a fad, its a way of life that will change your life! I love my crockpot so much that we in fact have two (which has indeed come in handy at times). Pinterest will tempt you with more slow cooker recipes than you could ever attempt in your life time, so have no fear that you will have an abundance of recipes to make no matter your skill level in the kitchen. Less than a month after Cayden was born, we were back to having amazing home cooked meals thanks to the slow cooker. Nothing is easier than dumping a bunch of stuff in a crockpot (even raw chicken!), turning it on in the morning, and having a hot, delicious meal by dinner time. Be sure to get one soon if you don’t already have one, because I have a blog post planned to highlight my favorite-ever crockpot recipes, as I sometimes also find recipes online in sites like Kitchenbar.net and many others.
2) Ninja Master Prep. We had a typical blender/food processor combo and when the food processor attachment broke, we got frustrated. I love making salsa and the typical blender just wasn’t able to handle big chunks of onions and tomatoes like I needed it to. Ran into Target one day and saw this beauty and the blender got the boot the very next day. This is the absolute best blender/food processor system I have ever had! I love that the plug-in machine part connects to the top rather than the bottom. I have made soups, salsa, smoothies, margaritas, you name it, in this and everything turns out awesome. Best of all, you can remove the blades and snap on a lid and use it as a storage container for whatever awesome concoction you just made up!
3) Aroma Rice Cooker. Kind of like the crockpot, just give in and get one of these if your family ever eats rice. It cooks perfect rice, white or brown, with the touch of a button. This particular one that we have also has a steamer basket on top! I know the Aroma website has a bunch of neat ideas and recipes for the rice cooker, going beyond just cooking rice. I love making Hawaiian Meatballs in the crockpot and about 30 minutes or so before dinner I start the rice in the rice cooker while I tidy up and set the table and by the time we’re ready to eat we have a wonderful, hot meal of Hawaiian Meatballs over white rice!
4) OXO 3-in-1 Avocado Slicer. I love this thing. This is God’s gift to all avocado/guacamole lovers. I could eat Mexican food every single night for the rest of my life, just ask my husband. I make guacamole at least once a week, I’m just obsessed, and this little tool is the bomb! It cuts the avocado, pits it, and slices it – it’s the best and it’s cheap.
5) Paprika iPhone/iPad/Mac App. I had to save the best for last. I found this app a few months after I got an iPad and it was the best $5 I have ever spent! This app is so awesome because it not only stores all your recipes, but it also allows you to pull recipes right from the internet, make grocery lists and add the ingredients you need from your recipes, and make meal calendars for easy meal prep and planning. I added two screenshots below so you can see what the interface looks like!
Thanks for reading! What are some of your favorite kitchen products? Any that I listed? Any that I missed? Let me know in the comments below!
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you choose to purchase or check out any of the products, I will receive a small commission! Cool huh?! I will never sponsor or promote anything I don’t genuinely recommend.