*This post may contain affiliate links
Let’s be honest, babies are needy and their needs change all the time. As you might have seen, I have previously highlighted my favorite Newborn Baby Products and my favorite iPhone Apps for New Moms. Every couple of Tuesdays there will be a new “Top Five Tuesday” – so here we go with my five favorite baby products for a one month old!
1) Moby Wrap Baby Carrier. Baby wearing is the best thing to happen to motherhood since the epidural (even though mine didn’t work for the delivery, it surely helped with the labor!). Not only does baby wearing promote bonding by skin-to-skin contact, it also allows you to actually get something done around the house! At one-month-old, Cayden was taking one of his naps every day in the Moby Wrap which allowed me 1-2 hours to do laundry, dishes, dinner prep, etc. Also, whenever I would take Cayden on a grocery run, the Moby Wrap is the only reason that was possible. He would sleep for an hour while I bought groceries for the entire week. There are so many different ways to baby wear, so if the Moby Wrap isn’t your thing, try something else!
2) Glider. Cayden moved into his own room within the first month, so from then on, our glider became one of my favorite things. Especially if you’re breastfeeding, those nighttime feedings can become pretty exhausting, so I highly recommend something comfortable. This glider is a dream and when we bought it came in a variety of colors and also matching ottomans. Yes, it is more expensive than the wood framed ones with padding, but that is the type of chair that we bought at first and we returned it the same day due to how cheap it was. There are just a few things that I really recommend investing the big bucks in, and this is one of those items. Maybe put it on your registry and if you get gift cards from your baby shower, combine them and splurge for a nice rocker – your body will thank you!
3) Covered Goods Multi-Use Nursing Cover. This is the absolute best nursing cover there is. By the time my son was a month old, we were making a lot more trips outside the house. Breastfeeding is SO hard to commit to as it is and once you get it down in that first month, it can be extremely tempting from there on to just give your baby formula in a bottle for those times that you leave the house. This nursing cover has made breastfeeding in public completely comfortable for me! My favorite part is the 360 degree coverage. If your shirt doesn’t pull down to nurse, you can lift your shirt up and still be completely covered. I mean, what new mom wants the world to see their post-delivery belly that soon?! Thank goodness for this nursing cover. And best of all, it can also be used as a shopping cart cover, a carseat cover, and an infinity scarf, too!
4) Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather. This is a wonderfully simple bather, and around here, we like simple. The reason this is on my one-month-old list rather than newborn is because baths (other than sponge baths) were not too regular before the one-month mark due to the umbilical cord and circumcision. Unlike splurging for a nice glider as I mentioned above, I don’t believe that a bather is a necessary item to spend the big bucks on. Until your baby is old enough to start playing in the bath, bath time honestly takes no more than 5 minutes.
5) Philips AVENT All-in-One Gift Set. For the first month of breastfeeding, I was allowing Cayden to be my sole “milk extractor” so that my milk supply would properly regulate. After a bout with mastitis (ow!) I needed to increase my supply and also start building my milk stash for whenever I returned to work! I became a pumping maniac and I can’t express how often I used the microwave sterilizer from this set. I highly recommend it as opposed to hand washing each and every bottle and pump part. Also, by the recommendation of our pediatrician, even though I was exclusively breastfeeding, we were encouraged to give Cayden a bottle of expressed milk every night so that he would learn to take bottles for when I went back to work, so the bottle warmer in this set was awesome. Additionally, the gift set comes with three bottles, a bottle brush, and two pacifiers – SCORE!
Some of these products and more are available on Amazon and all can be put on your Amazon Baby Registry! With an Amazon Baby Registry, you get:
* 10% completion discount; 15% completion discount for Amazon Mom members.
* FREE 90-day returns on Baby Store purchases.
* It’s universal – add items to an Amazon Baby Registry from any site!
Want to register for a free Amazon Baby Registry? Click HERE.
I promise the next Top 5 Tuesday is non-mother related! 😉 Be sure to subscribe to be notified by email about new posts! Have a great rest of your weeks, everyone!
*This post may contain affiliate links. This means if you choose to purchase or check out any of the products, I will receive a small commission! Cool huh?! I will never sponsor or promote anything I don’t genuinely recommend.*